On August 30, 2010, City Council authorized the Planning Official to issue a series of Temporary Use Permits (TUPs) to the owners of unimproved parcels near the Amway Center (see attached map) to be used as paid parking lots during events. These Temporary Use Permits were subsequently extended in 2012 and 2014. On March 14, 2016 City Council issued another extension for six of these lots still used as temporary Amway Center parking; this extension is to expire on July 1, 2017. These lots are:
- 511 W. South St. - Wells-Built Museum
- 604 W. Jackson Ave./241 S. Terry Ave./580 W. Jackson Ave. - Shiloh Baptist Church
- 527 W. Jackson St. - Royal Palm Lodge
- 416 S. Division Ave. - Church Street Square LLC
- 432 S. Division Ave. - 428 S. Division LLC
- 448 S. Division Ave. - City of Orlando
The request for these lots would extend the temporary use permit approval until December 2017, identical to the TUPs granted by City Council on February 27, 2017 for several properties for tailgating and parking for Orlando City matches. That approval expires at the end of the team's participation in the 2017 MLS season (December 2017 at latest).