Items Types:
Public Works
For Meeting of:
February 29, 2016
District: 6 From:
Contract ID: Document Number:
Exhibits: Yes On File (City Clerk) : Yes Draft Only: No
Grant Received by City?: No

Agreement with Black & Veatch Corporation for Professional Engineering Services for the Conserv II WRF Anaerobic Digester Improvements Project


On January 14, 2013, City Council authorized staff to negotiate an agreement with Black & Veatch Corporation for the Conserv II WRF Anaerobic Digester Improvements Project. The scope described in the RFQ included study, preliminary engineering, final engineering, permitting, bidding and construction administration services associated with the recommended anaerobic digester improvements. Black & Veatch and the Public Works Department negotiated an agreement for the initial phase of design and City Council authorized execution of the agreement on July 8, 2013. 


Design is now complete. Black & Veatch and the Public Works Department have negotiated an agreement for construction-phase services in the amount of $177,554.


Black & Veatch has proposed to utilize CPW Construction with an allocated amount of $52,444 (29.5% MBE) and Electrical Design Associates, Inc. with an allocated amount of $21,822 (12.3% WBE). The total proposed MBE and WBE participation is $74,266 for 41.8% of the project. The M/WBE Office has reviewed the scope and minority utilization plan proposal and found good faith efforts substantiated and the proposed information sufficient (memo attached).

Fiscal & Efficiency Data: Funds for these service authorizations are available in the Project CIP0168_P (FIS attached). 

Recommended Action:
Approve the negotiated Agreement with Black & Veatch Corporation in the not to exceed amount of $177,554 and authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to execute the agreement subject to review and approval by the City Attorney's Office

Agenda Item attachment(s) on file in the City Clerks Office.

Note: All agenda items must be in the City Clerk's office by Noon Friday, six(6) business days prior to the regular Monday City Council meeting.

Approved By:

Department Date and Time
Budget Outside Routing Approval 2/17/2016 4:57 PM
City Clerk 2/18/2016 10:09 AM

Name: Description: Type:
FIS_Black___Veatch_Conserv_II_CIP0168_P.docx FIS Backup Material
2016.water.conserv.2.water.reclamation.facility.anaerobic.digester.change.order.rfq12.077.pdf MBE Memo Backup Material
Draft_Agreement_-_Black___Veatch.pdf Draft Agreement Backup Material

"Enhance the quality of life in the City by delivering public services in a knowledgeable, responsive and financially responsible manner."