CITY OF ORLANDO
COUNCIL AGENDA ITEM


Items Types:
Business and Financial Services
For Meeting of:
February 29, 2016
District: ALL From:
Contract ID: Document Number:
Exhibits: Yes On File (City Clerk) : Yes Draft Only: No
Grant Received by City?: No

Subject:
Award of Contract for Continuing Professional Architectural Services, RQS15-0406

Summary:

A Request for Qualification Statements (RQS) for the subject project was issued on September 8, 2015.  Thirteen (13) firms responded to this solicitation, and the Consultants' Qualifications Board certified all thirteen (13) firms on October 13, 2015.  On October 28, 2015, the Advisory Committee shortlisted six (6) firms for formal interviews on November 11, 2015, which resulted in the Committee’s ranking as follows:

1.

KZF Design, LLC dba KZF Design Studio

2.

Architectural Design Collaborative (ADC)

3.

Le-Huu Partners, P.A.

4.

KLPNstudio, LLC

5.

Bentley Architects + Engineers, Inc.

6.

ADG, Inc. dba Architects Design Group

The members of the Advisory Committee are as follows:

James Peters

Assist. Construction Mgr. (Chair)

Ollie Rives

Facility Manager

Beth Gruber

Landscape Arch., Sr-Park Planner

Richard Forbes

Planner III

Dawn Chin Shue

Contract Compliance Investigator III, MBE Office

 The Committee recommends awarding a contract to KZF Design, LLC dba KZF Design Studio, the top-ranked firm.  The term of this contract will be for a period of two (2) years, with a renewable option to extend the contract for one additional year.

KZF Design, LLC dba KZF Design Studio has agreed to meet or exceed the City of Orlando’s 18% Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and 6% Women Business Enterprise (WBE) participation goals, for a combined 24% total M/WBE participation.  This recommended firm has proposed to utilize the M/WBE subconsultants as shown on the attached M-WBE Utilization Report. 


Fiscal & Efficiency Data:

Funding will be obtained from the specific project account when a particular project is identified that necessitates a scope of work associated with the services noted herein.  This contract will be used on an as-needed basis.  Based on previous usage reports for professional architectural services, it is estimated that annual expenditures will not exceed $200,000.

 


Recommended Action:

Approval of the Advisory Committee's ranking and approval for the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) to negotiate and execute a continuing contract, and all subsequent renewals, in ranked order, with the top-ranked firm, subject to the review and approval of the City Attorney’s Office.  Authorize the CPO to execute Service Authorizations of up to an amount of $200,000 per Authorization.  



Agenda Item attachment(s) on file in the City Clerks Office.

Note: All agenda items must be in the City Clerk's office by Noon Friday, six(6) business days prior to the regular Monday City Council meeting.

Contact: David Billingsley
Approved By:

Department Date and Time
Budget Outside Routing Approval 2/17/2016 2:55 PM
City Clerk 2/18/2016 10:11 AM

ATTACHMENTS:
Name: Description: Type:
FIS_RQS15-0406_Continuing_Architectural_Services.docx FIS RQS15-0406 Fiscal Impact Statement
M-WBE_UTILIZATION_REPORT_-_RQS15-0406.pdf M/WBE Utilization Memo - RQS15-0406 Backup Material
MBE_Summary.pdf MWBE Summary RQS15-0406 Backup Material
1st_Committee_Mtg.pdf 1st Committee Meeting RQS15-0406 Backup Material
2nd_Committee_Mtg.pdf 2nd Committee Meeting RQS15-0406 Backup Material

"Enhance the quality of life in the City by delivering public services in a knowledgeable, responsive and financially responsible manner."