Items Types:
Business and Financial Services
For Meeting of:
August 10, 2015
District: ALL From:
Contract ID: Document Number:
Exhibits: Yes On File (City Clerk) : Yes Draft Only: No
Grant Received by City?: No

Request for Qualification Statements for Continuing Geotechnical and Materials Testing Services, RQS15-0294


A Request for Qualification Statements (RQS) for the subject project was issued on May 4, 2015.  Seven (7) firms responded to this solicitation and the Consultants' Qualifications Board certified all seven (7) firms on June 8, 2015.  On July 8, 2015, the Advisory Committee shortlisted six (6) firms for formal interviews, which resulted in the Committee’s ranking as follows: 


Professional Services Industries, Inc.


Ardaman & Associates, Inc.


Geotechnical and Environmental Consultants, Inc.


Terracon Consultants, Inc.


Universal Engineering Sciences, Inc.


Tierra South Florida, Inc.

 The members of the Advisory Committee are as follows: 

Stephen Wiedenbeck

Project Manager II (Chair)

Cade Braud

Signal Systems Engineer

Peter Holzer

Construction Mgr

Olivia Boykin

Construction Inspector Supervisor

Rene Carcamo

Contract Compliance Investigator II, MBE Office

The Committee recommends awarding contracts to the top three (3) firms.  The term of these contracts will be for a period of two (2) years, with a renewable option to extend the contracts for one additional year. 

These firms have agreed to meet or exceed the City of Orlando’s 18% Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and 6% Women Business Enterprise (WBE) participation goals, for a combined 24% total M/WBE participation.  See the attached Proposed Utilization of M/WBE Subconsultants.

Fiscal & Efficiency Data:

Funding will be obtained from the specific project account when a particular project is identified that necessitates a scope of work associated with the services noted herein.  Contracts will be used on an as-needed basis.  Based on previous usage reports for geotechnical and materials testing services, the average annual expenditure will not exceed $1 million.

Recommended Action:
Approval of the Advisory Committee's ranking and approval for the Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) to negotiate and execute contracts, and all subsequent renewals, for Continuing Contracts with the top three (3) ranked firms, Professional Services Industries, Inc., Ardaman & Associates, Inc., and Geotechnical and Environmental Consultants, Inc., subject to the review and approval of the City Attorney's Office.  Authorize the CPO to execute Service Authorizations up to an amount of $200,000.00 per authorization.

Agenda Item attachment(s) on file in the City Clerks Office.

Note: All agenda items must be in the City Clerk's office by Noon Friday, six(6) business days prior to the regular Monday City Council meeting.

Contact: David Billingsley
Approved By:

Department Date and Time
Budget Outside Routing Approval 7/30/2015 3:22 PM
City Clerk 7/30/2015 4:04 PM

Name: Description: Type:
1st_Committee_Mg_Pkg.pdf 1st Advisory Committee Mtg Backup Material
2nd_Committee_Mtg_pkg.pdf 2nd Advisory Committee Mtg Backup Material
RQS15-0294_Proposed_Utilization_of_MWBE_Subconsultants.pdf RQS15-0294 Proposed Utilization of MWBE Subconsultants Backup Material
RQS15-0294_MWBE_Bid_Summary_Final.pdf RQS15-0294 MWBE Bid Summary Backup Material

"Enhance the quality of life in the City by delivering public services in a knowledgeable, responsive and financially responsible manner."