The attached ordinance amends the Land Development Code to revise standards for obtaining density and intensity bonuses, provide bonus standards for the PD zoning district, and amend provisions related to public art for bonuses in the AC-3A zoning district and includes the following changes:
- Revise the bonus thresholds to address discrepancies between the zoning district and associated GMP future land use category. No thresholds are decreasing, and the O-3 threshold is increasing.
- Delete the sections of the code that approve additional density through a conditional use permit, and instead allow the same amount through a bonus.
- Revise the public art section to clarify requirements and allow for varying contributions depending on the size of the bonus request.
- Revise the requirement for a mix of uses to add several new allowable uses.
- Revise the design criteria to more clearly identify enhancements to the public realm, and create a menu of options to choose from.
- Revise the standards for Planned Development (PD) zoning to state that any density or intensity added by rezoning to PD must meet the bonus standards.
The Municipal Planning Board recommended approval of the LDC amendment on February 17, 2015 (LDC2014-00408). The adoption ordinance will be scheduled for the next available City Council meeting.