The attached ordinance amends Land Development Code Chapter 58, Part 2K “Recycling Collection Center” and Chapter 66 “Definitions” to establish regulations for donation bins and amend requirements for recycling centers and includes the following changes:
- Define “donation bin”
- Establish maximum height, size and number of allowable donation bins per site
- Identify allowable locations, setbacks and zoning districts for donation bins
- Provide maximum signage for donation bins
- Require zoning official approval for donation bins
- Revise the definition of “recycling collection center” to establish “light” and “heavy” uses depending on how materials are processed.
These changes are similar to a recently adopted Orange County ordinance that regulates donation bins in unincorporated areas of the County.
The Municipal Planning Board recommended approval of the LDC amendment on March 17, 2015 (LDC2015-00024). The adoption ordinance will be scheduled for the next available City Council meeting.