On May 20, 2014, the Municipal Planning Board approved the Lake Nona DRI, GMP & PD Amendments (Cases DRI2012-00002, GMP2012-00027, & ZON2012-00023). After the MPB recommended approval of these amendments, all three amendments were scheduled to be on the September 8, 2014 City Council Agenda for 1st reading. However, due to issues arising from the Development Order Condition Subsection 4.18, Section 4.21 & Section 4.22 as it relates to updated transportation conditions, the DRI amendment was deferred to a later date. The PD (Ordinance #2014-37) was approved at this same meeting, however, it was not adopted due to amendments related to the DRI Development Order. During the resolution of the transportation conditions, the applicant brought forth other amendments to Master Plan map, thus needing a new PD ordinance to reflect the changes.
The attached ordinance will amend the Lake Nona Planned Development (PD) by amending the following:
- Update the Master Plan map (Master Plan 8.4)
- Update the Height Limitation Table to reflect the land use changes and corresponding height limits for those particular land uses
- Update Exhibit “E” – Limits of Residential Development and Exhibit “F” – Conceptual Transit Corridor in order to reflect the updated base map from the revise Map H.
- Update PD Section 3 Subpart K.12 in order to reflect the provision for approval of transit shelters in the PD.
As the applicant and staff have been working to resolve the previous outstanding DRI issues, the applicant decided to bring forth other amendments to the DRI and PD. The Municipal Planning Board approved these amendments on March 17, 2015 (Case #ZON2015-00003). These amendments were added along with the previously approved amendments to Lake Nona PD and include the following:
The Hearing of the DRI Development Order will be included as a separate item on this City Council Agenda.
- Amend the PD Development Plan to change the designation for Parcel 10a from “Residential Neighborhood” to “Airport Support District—Medium Intensity”. Also, take current Parcel 10b (145.6 acres) and split into two parcels creating Parcel 10c. The new Parcel 10b (119.6 acres) will remain “Residential Neighborhood” and the new Parcel 10c (26 acres) will have the “Airport Support District—Medium Intensity” designation.
- Amend the PD Development Plan to change the designation for Parcel 24d from “Residential Neighborhood” to “Civic”, and to change Parcel 25 from “Elementary School” and “Community Park” to “Residential Neighborhood”.