The +1.11 acre subject site is in the South Eola neighborhood, north of E. Jackson St., south of Mariposa St., east of S. Eola Dr. and west of S. Summerlin Ave. The subject property currently consists of three parcels with one single-family residence and five duplexes, all built in 1952. The site is zoned PD/T/AN (Planned Development/Traditional City/Aircraft Noise overlays) and has a Future Land Use designation of Residential Medium. The existing PD is approved for the development of a 108-bed assisted living facility. The proposed PD will allow a 28 unit townhome development.
The PD will be subject to the standards of the R-3B/T zoning district, except that the maximum ISR will be increased from 0.70 to 0.83. The proposed development density of 25 du/ac falls within the 12 to 30 du/ac range allowed by the R-3B/T zoning district.
Previous actions regarding this application are as follows:
- 2002– Property rezoned from R-3B/T to PD/T for a 5-story, 66-bed assisted living facility. (ZON2002-00042, CC Doc#: 021216701)
- March 2006- Subarea Policy S.7.4 (Addressing the South Eola Small Neighborhood Plan) became effective.
- May 2006- South Eola Small Neighborhood Plan Area adopted by City Council.
- August 2007– PD amendment adopted by City Council to allow a 7-story, 108-bed assisted living facility. (ZON2006-00058; CC Doc#: 0712031003)
- April 2014– The Municipal Planning Board recommended approval of a request to amend and rename the Carriage House PD to allow a 28 unit townhome development. (ZON2014-00002)
- May 2014– City Council accepted the meeting minutes of the April 2014 Municipal Planning Board hearing. (ZON2014-00002)
- August 11, 2014: City Council approved the first reading of the attached ordinance