Items Types:
Orlando Venues
For Meeting of:
August 11, 2014
District: ALL From:
Contract ID: Document Number:
Exhibits: Yes On File (City Clerk) : Yes Draft Only: No
Grant Received by City?: No

Eighth Amendment to Agreement to provide Production Architect Services for Dr. Phillips Center (DPC)

Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. (DPAC) previously entered into an agreement with HKS Architects, Inc. (HKS) for Production Architect Services for the new Dr. Phillips Center (DPC) in downtown Orlando, approved by City Council January 14, 2008, as amended.  The Production Architect is responsible for producing all of the architectural construction documents for the DPC project.  This agreement has been amended seven (7) times to date for a total contract value of $39,162,345.  DPAC wishes to further amend the agreement to engage the Production Architect to provide four additional months of Basic Services through October 31, 2014, due to the revised expected completion date of the project.  This Eighth Amendment (attached) increases the Basic Services fee by $774,000 to $12,457,545 and decreases the Additional Services Allowance by $774,000 to $10,629,800, with total contract value remaining unchanged at $39,162,345.  This Eighth Amendment has been approved by DPAC.
The original agreement included MBE participation of 26.2%, WBE participation of 5.66% for a total of 31.86% M/WBE participation.  This Eighth Amendment provides revised MBE participation of 25%, WBE participation of 8% for a total of 33% M/WBE participation, exclusive of reimbursable expenses allowance.  The Venues Blueprint Office has reviewed and approved the M/WBE participation.

Fiscal & Efficiency Data: Total contract value remains unchanged at $39,162,345, funded from Performing Arts Center TDT funding, pursuant to the PAC Agreement.

Recommended Action:
Approval of Eighth Amendment to Agreement for Services of Production Architect, substantially as attached hereto, subject to final review and approval of the City Attorney's Office.  Also authorize the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to approve amendments in a total amount not-to-exceed 10% of the contract price.

Agenda Item attachment(s) on file in the City Clerks Office.

Note: All agenda items must be in the City Clerk's office by Noon Friday, six(6) business days prior to the regular Monday City Council meeting.

Contact: Tim Ackert or Frank Usina
Approved By:

Department Date and Time
Budget Outside Routing Approval 7/31/2014 11:17 AM
City Clerk 7/31/2014 12:23 PM

Name: Description: Type:
DPAC_Revised_8th_Amendment_to_AE_Agreement_-_v2clean.docx HKS Amendment 8 Draft Backup Material
Exhibit_“A_–_DPC_Time_Extension_(Revised_26_June_2014)”.pdf HKS Amend 8 Ex A Backup Material
FIS_HKS_Am_8.docx FIS HKS Am 8 Backup Material

"Enhance the quality of life in the City by delivering public services in a knowledgeable, responsive and financially responsible manner."